When on song, the combination of Neymar and Kylian Mbappe has the ability to devastate any defence in European football. At Paris Saint-Germain (PSG), the dynamic duo has been enjoying a great time. They have given the club a lot, but still, the glory of the Champions League is yet to be earned.

While the limelight always hogged Mbappe since the World Cup triumph in Russia, but one cannot deny that PSG is heavily dependent on the Brazil star Neymar and it was evident last season when he took the club to the finals of the Champions League. Ultimately Bayern Munich triumphed in a hard-fought contest, but the impact of Neymar clarified the doubts about his charisma, skill, and leadership qualities.

“I’ve always thought that great players were made to play together – and that’s clear between us two,” Mbappe told France Football when asked about Neymar.

“Our roles were established when I arrived in Paris: Neymar is the center of the project and I’m here to help him.”

“[This is] because when I arrived at PSG, I was only an emerging star and I had to prove myself on the pitch.”

“Neymar knows how to do everything. He’s the best in the world.”

“When he arrived in Paris, we realized everything he could do. He’s not a player simply for putting on a show and dancing when you’re winning 5-0. He also knows how to do spectacular things at 0-0.”

“I don’t know if everyone is aware, but Neymar understands everything. He has an instinct that makes him know how to do everything straight away.”

“To be honest, away from those arrogant kid traits, I’ll never forget how he helped me at the start. When you’re 18 and you come into a big dressing room, it’s never easy.”


“In these great teams, 60 percent of your success depends on your football and the other 40 percent on how you acclimatize to the dressing room. He helped me and I’ll never forget it.”

Facebook Comments